It’s not a secret that wedding planning can be stressful and while no one wants their inner bride- or groom-zilla to emerge, we all know it’s possible! Here are a few things you can do to keep the stress out of your wedding planning experience!
1. Stay organized! Between your vendor contracts, color swatches, information packets, and other important documents, things can get overwhelming pretty quickly. To avoid panic from a missing item, keep your wedding planning space organized (and if you’re like me, the process of organizing is a stress-reliever itself)!
2. Take breaks! Even the most experienced wedding professionals need brain breaks every once in a while. If you feel yourself starting to spiral or get overwhelmed, take a step back and do something that takes your mind completely off of wedding planning for a bit. Read the next chapter in the book you’re currently reading or watch the next episode of that Netflix show you’ve been binging; just make it something you enjoy doing!
3. Delegate tasks! Give your maid of honor the task of looking into the bridesmaid’s dresses or have the groomsmen team up to tackle the tedious task of envelope stuffing. Don’t feel like you need to do everything yourself, you’d be surprised just how many of your family and friends would be more than happy to help!
4. Do some kind of physical activity! Whether you are an active gym goer or a casual YouTube yoga doer, getting up and doing something active can relieve an incredible amount of stress. Even something as simple as taking your dog for a walk around the block can help!
5. Hire a wedding planner! Doing this is probably the quickest way to maximal stress relief when planning your wedding. Not only will they help you plan and coordinate all the things, they can also be a wonderful sounding board for ideas or even just someone to talk to when you’re feeling overwhelmed.