Featured Image photographed by Castaldo Studios.
Image above by Justin Demutiis Photography
It’s all in the details! You don’t need much to enhance your wedding reception and take it from ordinary to extraordinary, but there are a few details that take it to the next level. If you are trying to think of ways to add a touch of elegance, a wow factor or just something different to impress your guest, consider some of these options below.
1. Adding chargers to your table arrangements. It doesn’t seem like much, but it creates an elegant atmosphere and leaves your guest feeling like they are guests of honor. They can come in many colors and styles helping make your menu cards and napkins really stand out.
2. Use up lighting in your room. Although lighting has become more popular, it is not used as often as you would think. Up lighting, if done correctly, can transform an ordinary ballroom or common space into something beautiful. You can select colors that compliment your décor, really making your wedding reception stand out. Up lighting can also help create some amazing pictures because it provides a background that you wouldn’t have otherwise. Most DJ’s actually can provide up lighting as part of their package, but not all up lighting is created equal, so make sure to do your research.
3. Create welcome baskets for your out of town guests. We have seen so many cute and fun welcome basket ideas that we’ll share on a later post, but this is something that you can do for your guests that can help set the tone for your event. Make it a themed basket that goes along with your wedding theme or something fun that compliments you and your groom’s style.
4. Have a dessert or candy bar that incorporates your wedding colors and floral to provide an extra touch of sweetness to your reception and another element of decor!
Table above created by The Sugar Suite
5. Meet with your bartender or caterer to come up with a signature cocktail drink for the night that might describe you and your groom or relate to the wedding theme.
6. Hire a band. Don’t get me wrong, we LOVE our DJ’s , but if you want to add an extra touch and make it a live party, there is something about a band that just takes a wedding reception to a whole new level.
Image above photographed by Castaldo Studios and lighting by Orlando Wedding and Party Rentals
7. We love draping because it can transform any room into something totally different. It can be on the ceilings or walls. We have seen some brides just simply have it behind their sweet heart table and others use it to cover the walls completely which transforms the whole reception room and makes the up lighting stand out even more all while creating a breathtaking space.